Sunday, August 29, 2010

something old, something new

Yesterday, I decided to visit a local antique store that I'd heard great things about. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, although if the right typewriter had appeared, it probably would have come home with me. The store was packed with every old treasure you can imagine... dishes, clothing, clocks, furniture, musical instruments, Christmas items, buttons, tools and the biggest Coca Cola collection I've ever seen. Some of the items brought back memories of childhood and tiny waves of sentiment.Who remembers the old Kroger logo pictured on the "vegetable flakes" container below? I do.
I assume this is a war rations coupon book? I found it interesting because it's from the Biltmore Dairy Farm which was founded by George W. Vanderbilt II in 1897. The dairy was originally intended as an internal business, but evolved into a dairy that served customers in five states. Check out the four digit phone number.
Another cool find was this thread case. Would have loved to buy that gem, just not for $289.00.
These quilts were lovely. My very favorite pattern is the Double Wedding Ring pictured here in the upper left corner.
Finally, the one thing I really regret not purchasing. How amazing are these?? Maybe I'll go back another day and grab them... or maybe not!



2 comments:

  1. THAT looks like some very cool vintage stuff. way cool! i would have had a hard time not buying it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Joanna ;-)
    Hope you're well!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

busted

busted
Stella in my ribbon

Followers