Speaking of gardening, Chris and I are almost finished with our Master Gardener certification. I have enjoyed the North Carolina version of the class, but went through the course in Georgia in 2004, so it's been more review than anything. My favorite session was our trip to a local orchard to learn about pruning small fruit trees. We took a long walk yesterday along the French Broad River. Stella was (as usual) the star of the show and made a few new friends.
I really love sharing new, talented musicians with others. My two new favorites are Sean McConnell and Emma Hill and Her Gentlemen Callers. This is good stuff not to be missed. We saw Sean and his band live a few weeks ago when he toured with Lori McKenna. There are so many wonderful things about my town, but I gotta tell ya - music is right up there. We have great, small venues that feature some of the best artists imaginable. Here's a not-so-great shot of Lori McKenna doing what she does best.
Thanks for stopping by ~ I hope you're enjoying Spring too!


No comments:
Post a Comment