Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Slacker

I'm not a slacker in the "I haven't been scrapping" sense, I just haven't been posting. So, here goes. We've had some incredibly hot days here that have made us pause and ask, "so, why did we leave Atlanta again?" Everyone keeps assuring us that this is very unusual weather - it will cool off eventually. We've also had some amazing Farmer's Market opportunities. My sis visited last weekend and we hit the BIG market first thing Saturday morning. Miles and miles of fresh goodness.
and more goodness
and yet more goodness
this Stargazer Lily actually smelled better than it looked - impossible, right?
It was so difficult to just take a few buckets of fruit home. I felt like I was at the SPCA and had to choose just one dog or cat to adopt - how to choose blackberry over blueberries? or tomatoes over zucchini - it just wasn't fair. The buy of the day was four QUARTS of blackberries for $12. Wow.

My other recent "wow" was seeing Amos Lee again. This time he played at the Orange Peel and blew everyone away. He just finished a tour with Dave Matthews. Words can't describe how amazing he is in person. Truly talented and super soulful. 
And finally, my latest layout. I borrowed it from Allie H over at Studio Calico. Check out her version here. I've been wanting to scrap this picture for a long time. It was taken 11 years ago (whoa) and my baby was only four. With his little ribs sticking out, he looks a bit undernourished - he really wasn't.
How time flies - how I miss that little guy!







1 comment:

  1. love your foodie pics... :)
    great lo, joanna! love the grid!

    ReplyDelete

busted

busted
Stella in my ribbon

Followers